You just might be an old newsletter editor if …
- You feel the need to edit your text messages in AP style.
- You still refer to the first paragraph of an article as a “lede.”
- You know the difference between an “en dash” and an “em dash.”
- You know how many points are in a pica.
- You once thought a proportion wheel was a mathematical wonder.
- You know that a pica pole can be used to measure, stir coffee and tear paper.
- You know what a “grip and grin” photo is and you once took a photo of someone with a giant-sized check.
- You knew how to make one of those origami press hats (but you’d never heard the word “origami” at the time).
- You secretly miss smelling blue line proofs.
- You still end your articles with a -30-
Did you once edit the “house organ?” Do any of these bring back memories? If so, feel free to add your own internal communications newsletter nostalgia in the comments section below.
Leave a Comment
Only registerd members can post a comment , Login / Register