A successful Internal Communications team is an important contributor to the long-term success of their organization. The Internal Communications team should be the eyes, ears, and voice of their company. Internal communicators are consultants, facilitators and resource partners that help organizations achieve their objectives by developing and executing effective communications strategies.
Here are three ways Internal Communications achieves success:
(1) The Internal Communications group partners with other functional areas to provide their organization with a wide range of communications services, including:
- Fostering an open communications climate throughout the organization.
- Advising and counseling management on key employee messages.
- Devising effective communication strategies.
- Writing and editing executive communications to employees.
- Reviewing all broad-based employee communications.
- Writing and editing employee newsletters, both printed and electronic.
- Creating effective communication tools.
- Coordinating graphic design and audiovisual production for internal clients on ad-hoc communication projects.
- Coordinating and publicizing large employee events.
- Coordinating key messages with external messaging.
- Measuring and evaluating communications to ensure maximum effectiveness.
- Facilitating employee feedback to management.
- Facilitating communications within a team and between employees.
(2) Internal Communications combines established processes and procedures with creativity to find cost-effective solutions to complex communication challenges. They do this by:
- Identifying the company’s key audiences.
- Assessing the climate.
- Setting clear objectives and determining what actions are to be taken by employees.
- Developing key messages that support business strategies and are relevant to the audience.
- Executing flawless communications.
- Measuring the effectiveness of communications and making appropriate changes if needed to refresh and recast messages.
(3) Internal Communications integrates communications activities to strengthen a company’s ability to achieve goals by:
- Helping to drive brand behavior.
- Helping to shape attitudes and opinions.
- Educating and informing employees of company priorities and strategies.
- Personalizing messages so employees understand how their contribution and commitment can contribute to the company’s success.
- Synthesizing and articulating messages so that they are clearly understood and relevant.
- Telling stories that reflect desired culture and keys to success.
- Arming employees with information so that they can be informal ambassadors for the company with their friends, family, and neighbors.
Leave a Comment
Only registerd members can post a comment , Login / Register