Of all the audiences an organization communicates with, employees are the most important audience for three simple reasons:
- Employees directly impact organizational productivity, and thus profitability.
- Employees influence one another. Engaged employees beget engaged employees.
- Employees influence customers, friends and family. By cultivating “brand champions,” you can affect public perceptions in ways that PR and marketing efforts cannot. Marketing makes promises — employees must deliver them.
Studies repeatedly show the more effective an organization is at communicating with its employees, the better it performs financially. Effective employee communication can:
- Increase engagement, spawn creativity, and allow faster and better decision-making.
- Raise job satisfaction and reduce costly turnover.
- Enhance job safety and curb absenteeism.
- Improve task accuracy, speed the adoption of change and enhance continuous improvement.
If employee communication isn’t the top priority in an organization, then all the other business priorities in that organization are at risk of not getting done correctly, or efficiently, or maybe not at all.
Many organizations underestimate the importance of their employee audience. Therefore, organizations that choose to focus on effective employee communication can gain a competitive advantage. Employee communication just might be an organization’s secret weapon.
Leave a Comment
Only registerd members can post a comment , Login / Register